My First Internship at Hamari Pahchan NGO-The Beginning of My Growth

My journey into internships started in the most unexpected way. I wasn’t even looking for one-I was searching for MUN opportunities when I accidentally came across Hamari Pahchan NGO’s virtual internship program. I had no exposure to the professional world, no idea how internships worked, but something told me to apply.


That one decision became a turning point.


Stepping into Hamari Pahchan as a first-time intern felt surreal. I was excited, nervous, and completely new to the internship world. But from day one, I made a promise to myself- no matter how small or big the task, I’ll give it my best.


And I did.


During my internship, I got to work on designing posters, creating content for social media, running digital media campaigns, helping with crowdfunding, drafting legal documents, and even working individually as a social entrepreneurship project lead. For someone who had never done any of this before - it was huge.


The best part? My mentor. She was extremely supportive and encouraging. She trusted me with responsibilities I didn’t even think I was capable of handling. That trust made me work harder and with even more dedication.


This internship didn’t just give me experience—it gave me confidence.


For the first time, I saw myself not just as a student, but as someone who could actually contribute to real-world projects. I learned how much effort goes into social impact work, and it made me realise something important: "No matter how much I think I’ve achieved, the world is so much bigger - I still have a long way to go."


But instead of discouraging me, that thought motivated me.


My internship at Hamari Pahchan wasn’t just a certificate - it was the foundation of my journey. It taught me, shaped me, and most importantly, made me hungry for more.


If this was just my first step, I’m excited to see where the rest of the path leads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridging the Digital Divide: Hamari Pahchan’s ‘Gadgetshala’ Initiative

Project Reignite: A Movement to Restore Balance and Hope

Education For All: Hamari Pahchan NGO's Initiative To Uplift Underprivileged Children