My Third Internship at SheCan Foundation-Fundraising for a Fairer World
If there’s one thing that has always stirred something deep within me, it’s the idea of equality-especially gender equality. I’ve never understood why opportunities, respect, and recognition are still filtered through the lens of gender in so many parts of our society. So when I got the chance to intern with SheCan Foundation as a Virtual Fundraiser, I knew this wasn’t just another internship, it was a chance to channel my beliefs into action.
Even though it was my third internship, I was still learning the ropes of the professional world. But what I lacked in experience, I made up for in determination. Every task I took up- from reaching out for donations to spreading awareness about the foundation’s mission - felt meaningful. I wasn’t just fundraising; I was advocating. I wasn’t convincing people to donate out of sympathy - I was encouraging them to contribute out of belief -belief in women’s capability, strength, and right to thrive.
Working with SheCan Foundation made me realize that change doesn’t always come through big gestures; sometimes it comes through heartfelt conversations, small contributions, and consistent advocacy. I loved being part of an initiative that focused on uplifting women not just financially, but mentally and socially - helping them reclaim their voice, confidence, and independence. This experience didn’t just strengthen my skills - it strengthened my purpose. It reminded me that empowerment isn’t just about giving opportunities; it’s about reshaping mindsets.
I may be just one individual, but through this internship, I felt like I was contributing to a much larger movement. And I know this is just the beginning. Until equality stops being a demand and becomes a default - I’ll keep showing up, speaking up, and doing my part.
Comments
Post a Comment