You Can Be the Sweetest Peach, and Some Will Still Not Like You
There was one random day when I realized something that shook me to my core - the people I had shared my whole life with, the ones I thought I could trust, had started hating me.
And you know the feeling - the mix of hurt, betrayal, confusion, self-doubt, and under-confidence that comes crashing down all at once. At first, I thought it was just one person. But, to my wry luck, it didn’t stop there.
More and more people started disliking me. Grudges were held, false accusations were whispered, and each day brought a new rumor about me. And the worst part? These were people I used to call my “known ones.”
Being the rebel teen I am, I started questioning why all this was happening. What was making all of these people so furious? And then, slowly, I understood.
As I’ve mentioned in my previous blogs, I started taking internships, participating in uncountable MUNs, becoming rapporteur a lot of times, joining so many school clubs, and generally carving my own path. I started accomplishing things, building my individuality. And that’s when the hate began.
The reason is simple: people hate you when they can’t be you.
I remember my sisters once told me, “The better you become, the more hate you’ll receive.” At the time, I didn’t fully grasp it, but now I do and I will carry that truth to my deathbed.
I’ve lost so many known ones since I started taking a stand for myself. But the difference now is, I no longer wonder why people hate me when I’ve never wronged them. I no longer feel the need to explain or justify myself.
Instead, I’ve learned to embrace it. I’ve learned to see the hate not as a reflection of my failures, but as a reflection of their inability to rise to my level. And honestly? I love seeing people hate, it’s almost amusing to watch them make it their whole personality, while I continue growing and thriving.
You can be the sweetest peach in the orchard, and still, there’ll be someone who won’t like peaches. And that’s okay. Because at the end of the day, being unapologetically yourself is far sweeter than trying to be liked by everyone.
Comments
Post a Comment