Becoming a Secretariat Member — From Admiration to Achievement
When I first started doing MUNs, the Secretariat teams felt almost untouchable to me. They were so professional, so charming, and carried themselves with an aura I couldn’t ignore. I was naturally drawn to their roles - the way they spoke, the way they coordinated everything, the way they held the entire conference together like its pillars. Watching them deliver speeches, manage delegates, host ceremonies, and handle crises with grace felt almost magical. Their presence was enlightening, and somewhere inside me, I just silently wished to be one of them someday.
And then, it happened.
Without me even asking for it, the opportunity to become a Secretariat member came to me on its own. It felt like pure manifestation, as if God had heard every silent hope I had carried within me. The moment I was offered the position, I was overwhelmed in the best way. Excitement, pride, gratitude - everything hit at once. I couldn’t believe I was finally stepping into the very role I had admired for so long.
Since that day, I’ve served as Secretariat in three MUNs so far. And not just that I’ve been awarded Secretariat of the Week and Secretariat of the Month along the way. I was even given a core position in the Secretariat team that led to my very first opportunity. Every role, every responsibility, every recognition has made me even more proud of the journey I’m building.
Being a Secretariat member has taught me leadership, communication, coordination, problem-solving, and grace under pressure. More than anything, it made me realise that admiration can turn into achievement when you hold onto your desire with sincerity.
I am proud of myself, and I am deeply thankful to God. What once felt like a distant dream is now an active part of my identity and I would love to continue walking this path for as long as I can.
Comments
Post a Comment