How Internships Changed Everything for Me

For the longest time, internship used to sound like a big, scary word. I genuinely wondered how people even got them. I would see others with fancy LinkedIn posts and certificates and think, Wow… how do they even do that? Their achievements felt like milestones I could only look at from a distance.


Then one day, while browsing the same website where I usually searched for MUN opportunities, I stumbled upon an internship opening. I had nothing to lose, so I applied. I still remember-I was just a memorial, no previous experience, no strong background. Yet there I was, giving an interview for the first time in my life. And then… receiving my first joining letter.


That moment changed everything.


Since then, I’ve done multiple internships-each one teaching me something new. But the biggest lesson has been this: "You may think you’ve achieved a lot, but none of it truly counts until you step out into the real world and test yourself."


Doing things on my own, without any teacher, parent, or elder recommending me, felt surreal. It was freedom mixed with responsibility. It was scary, but empowering.


Internships gave me confidence.


Confidence to speak.

Confidence to apply.

Confidence to try, even when I was unsure.


Today, internships are no longer a big bad word to me—they’re stepping stones. They’re reality checks. They’re growth accelerators.


And if you’re someone who still feels hesitant about taking that first step, let me tell you: That one click, that one email, that one interview can change how you see yourself.


Because it changed me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridging the Digital Divide: Hamari Pahchan’s ‘Gadgetshala’ Initiative

Project Reignite: A Movement to Restore Balance and Hope

Education For All: Hamari Pahchan NGO's Initiative To Uplift Underprivileged Children