When Failure Becomes Your Greatest Teacher : Personal Experience
I have failed a few times in my life - not academically, of course, but in ways that truly mattered to me. And these were the times when I gave my all. I did everything I could. I devoted my life, poured in every ounce of effort, and gave all my concentration to what I was chasing.
And yet… in return, what did I get? Failure. That heart-wrenching, gut-twisting feeling of giving everything and still falling short.
I think God has decided that 2025 is going to be my most lesson-filled year because all of these overwhelming failures happened in the same half of the year. And if that wasn’t enough, I also lost so many of my “known ones.” I saw the true faces of people I once trusted, the back-talkers and fair-weather friends.
I’ve never been a kid who would put her heart into something and not succeed. I was used to achieving. But I suppose God wanted to show me both sides of the coin. Coming from someone whose childhood, love, respect, and self-worth came largely from achievements and successes, I was truly devastated to fail in front of so many people.
It felt like wherever I went, people felt sorry for me. And honestly, I despise nothing more than sympathy presented toward me. Yet, I raised my head, lifted my chin, and acted like a few failures could do nothing to stop me. Because, as it is widely said, “Act like it until you become it.” And that is exactly what it did for me.
Over time, I began to realize that maybe those things weren’t really meant for me. That’s why God took them away. At the moment, I would have given anything to avoid those failures but if I had, I would have missed the lessons hidden within them.
I know God’s will has always been by my side. He guides me toward the right path and ensures the best for me, even if it doesn’t make sense at the moment.
Now, whenever I go through a failure, I remind myself of one thing: if you didn’t get something, maybe you’re better off without it. But if you still want it so badly, step up, buckle up, work harder, and go grab it.
Failure doesn’t define you. It refines you. And every time it knocks you down, it’s just teaching you how to rise stronger.
Comments
Post a Comment